Wednesday, September 23, 2009

black beans

I almost forgot I had a blog! Well I thought I'd write about a GREAT food for dieting and not dieting. Black beans are a hearty way to get in your fiber not to mention protein. 1/2 cup is only 100 calories and has 7g of protein and 8g of fiber and ZERO fat! Today I cooked up a 1/2 cup of these with chopped red and yellow peppers, a wedge of low fat laughing cow garlic and herb cheese and a little bit a hot sauce! I'm trying to eat smaller snacky meals so this is a great 140 cal snack or put it on top of a bed of lettuce to jazz up your salad.

Also I'm an omelette queen! My omelette pan has sadly start to chip away :( I bought a new one at Bed bath and Beyond but it started chipping during its first use!!! Does anyone have an omelette pan they love? tell me the brand and where you bought it!

No comments: