Wednesday, October 7, 2009

100 calorie pack- The Great Debate

Love 100 cal packs or hate them? I'm always a fine line with them, I think because some are good and some are not. I haven't bought any in a while but I used to enjoy pairing the chips ahoy 100 cal pack with a light N fit yogurt back when they were only 60 calories for a 160 calorie "fake sundae". I think the key is to avoid eating them when you are very hungry because that will just end up making 4 out of the 6 packs in your kitchen disappear. There have been studies shown though that the 100 calorie packs help you to better measure portion size when eating out a large bag. I am not good with large portions, the 100 calorie packs help me stop because I can eat the whole bag and then toss it, but I'm pretty sure if you put a large bag of chips in front of me I'd eat at least half actually I'm completely sure of this :)


One snack I've been eating a lot of (I've officially started writing down calories the last 3 days and getting back on track with food) 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese (80 calories) 1/4 cup fiber one original cereal (30 calories) and a tablespoon of sugar free strawberry jam (10 calories) for 120 calories I'm eating healthier and getting a lot more substance than I would from a 100 calorie pack.


I'd love to hear some of the great snacks you come up with in the kitchen!

No comments: