Wednesday, June 24, 2009

MISSION TORTILLAS



My first food review! I got these mission tortillas-Life Balance Whole Grain the other day and just tried them for lunch. I toasted one on a skillet with a 1/4 cup of taco cheese and some tri-color peppers stirfry from Birdseye and made myself a mexican pizza( drained the peppers after microwaving and then cooked them in the skillet for a few minutes to get more water out of them). I usually get white tortillas because the if the whole grain doesnt have much of a difference in calories or fiber I'm not going to sacrifice the wonderful taste of bleached flour goodness. But these had 4 grams of fiber and 110 calories and with my $1 coupon in hand I found on the opposite side of the store (you are a tricky minx Kroger) I was intrigued and ready to buy. I give them an A, they cooked up very nicely which I usually don't find with whole grain tortillas and didnt take away from the cheese and peppers.

No comments: