Thursday, July 16, 2009

Grocery shopping and a bit of work in the evening

Grocery shopping! I've tried to not constantly go grocery shopping before I leave but I think it made me want to grocery shop more! Apparently I cannot live happily on canned diced tomatoes and granola bars ( I tried...for about 5 minutes) But I had such a shopping success that I WILL be able to survive the next week easy peasy. 1 bag frozen broc florets, 1 bag frozen green beans, loaf of bread, 2 frozen pizzas, 2 bags of shredded cheese, 1 can of tuna, 1 oscar mayer buffalo chicken flat wrap kit all for 13.75! Expect some loaded potato-broc, cheese, hot sauce sub fries for potato and grilled cheese. I already ate 1/2 of one of the pizzas and I'll be getting dinner via work tonight.

I get a lot of frozen vegetables because some raw vegetables are a lot harder to digest for me. I never realized it made a difference raw or cooked until I read about a boy with an allergy to raw vegetables and it was an like the clouds parted. I still eat them whenever they are around I LOVE CAULIFLOWER but on my own time I usually stick to salads.

MORAL DILEMMA- I love oscar mayer sandwich kits for their convenience but they are usually $$$ for a sandwich, I mean hello you have to put the sandwich together and they have sooo much packaging. I feel like such a typical american opening up one of those everything is in its own packaging :( after living in London it opened my eyes that other countries are making a bigger effort than us. I washed my clothes in front load washers, at the grocery store if I did not bring a reusable bag I got charged per plastic bag (which is not that fun but you remember to bring your own bags from home) and just in general they were a lot less wasteful. The bag you get your bread in becomes your lunch bag and so on. Now when I shop grocery or mall, I don't use a bag for stuff I can put in my purse or if I do have a bag already put all my purchases in one bag. This year I'm really going to try to do more and I'd love to hear what YOU do to save the world :)

No comments: