Friday, July 31, 2009

A lesson in life from Jillian Michaels

Hate her or love her, the woman has got a sick bod. I've always been a fan of biggest loser, although I have never watched a complete season I'm always hooked to it when I catch an episode on TV. Jillian doesn't take crap from anyone, shes a no nonsense lady that gets results and I love her for that. I recieved the 30 day shred for my birthday and I must say it completely changed the way I look at exercise. I used to go to the gym and do an easy 45 mins on the eliptical and then do a few sit ups and leave. After working out with the 30 day shred I realized that exercise is EXERCISE for a reason. You need to feel "worked out" when you leave the gym. If you don't get sore, you aren't going to see results. When I go to the gym I now realize a hard 15 minutes is going to do sooo much more to change my body than a easy 45 minutes. Keys to knowing whether or not you are "working out". You should feel a little uncomfortable, you should be sweating, and my personal favorite the belly test-your stomach is cold you are working out, when you sweat and your belly gets colds because your body is trying desperately to maintain homestastis.

No comments: